Suncrest College, in collaboration with Saskatchewan Polytechnic is committed to global engagement, which includes providing opportunities for Suncrest College students to participate in global study abroad opportunities. In addition to technical skills, employers are increasingly looking for graduates with global skills. Studying abroad can provide you with improved intercultural communication, greater flexibility and increased global knowledge. These are all things that employers are seeking and will continue to seek in the future. The Global Skills Opportunity (GSO) is funded by Employment and Social Development Canada and administered jointly by Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) and Universities Canada.
- The International Study Abroad Opportunities are open to all Suncrest College students enrolled in a Suncrest College or collaborative partner’s certificate, diploma, degree, or post-graduate certificate program.
- The student must be a Canadian citizen or hold permanent resident status.
- The student must have completed at least one semester of their program and be in good academic standing at the time of application.
- The student is only eligible to participate once in a Global Skills Opportunity program.
Only the applications from students who are in good academic standing, have demonstrated the potential benefit of the travel experience, have fulfilled the eligibility criteria, and have submitted a complete application and supportive documents will be reviewed by the selection committee. Submission of a complete application does not guarantee a seat in the study abroad program.
The selection committee will consider the following criteria in selecting the recipient:
- An essay (up to 500-words) describing the purpose of travel and how it will benefit the student’s academic program and professional development.
- Valid travel documents (e.g. Passport).
- Support of application from Program Chair establishing you are a good representative of the College, Saskatchewan, and Canada. Selection Committee will send out International Study Abroad Participant Endorsement forms to Program Chair.
- Applications will be evaluated on a point system.
- Selected students will be invited to an interview with the selection committee.
- Priority of the GSO study tour will be given to underrepresented students (Indigenous students and low-income students).
Virtual Information Session
A virtual information session will be held on Thursday, February 15th from 4:30 - 5:30pm.
Are you interested in a 10 day cultural study in Yucatan, Mexico, funded by Global Affairs Canada?
The deadline to apply for our next study abroad trip is almost here. Apply before February 28 for our next study abroad trip this May.
Deadline to apply