Term Position Summary:
The successful applicant will be responsible for the instruction of Interpersonal Communications - COMM291 in the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Educational Assistant Certificate program. Responsibilities include lesson planning, developing and delivering practical and theoretical instruction, evaluating student performance, and providing reports as required. Courses will be offered through facilitated study with face-to-face instructional hours, virtual instruction, and home study hours. A finalized schedule will be determined in consultation with the program coordinator.
Under the direction of the Coordinator, PSE, the successful applicant will:
- Present course components within the program, according to curriculum outlines, objectives, and resource materials provided by Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- Deliver and evaluate theory assignments and develop and assess lab activities, following guidelines and standards set out by Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- Develop timetables, in consultation with the program’s coordinator, using number of teaching hours and format set by Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- Teach, facilitate, and assess Educational Assistant students, as required
- Evaluate student progress and performance, following guidelines and standards set out by Saskatchewan Polytechnic, provide ongoing feedback accordingly, and communicate student updates to College and credit-granter staff accordingly
- Identify appropriate resource material (i.e., video, print material, web-based material, etc.) and work with Program Coordinator to secure the same
- Participate in program, campus, Saskatchewan Polytechnic, industry, and professional or other stakeholder activities/initiatives, as required
- Complete monthly reports, as required
- Arrange appropriate guest speakers, as required
- Maintain and submit attendance reports and monthly program reports
- Provide instruction using a variety of teaching strategies, including technology enhanced teaching and learning strategies in the classroom
- Participate in the College evaluation of the program by:
- maintaining records and documents on the progress of the participants, and;
- maintaining other data required for evaluation purposes
- Provide formative and summative student evaluation and feedback in a timely manner
- Ensure the work practices are consistent with Suncrest College policies and procedures
- Effectively deliver (or be willing to learn in order to effectively deliver) curriculum via a blended delivery model, as required, and manage the learning environment, which includes virtual learning, in alignment with the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Educational Assistant Program policies and accreditation requirements
- Establish and maintain internal relationships within the College
- Maintain the confidentiality and privacy of the College and its clients as per the Suncrest College Oath of Confidentiality
- Various other duties, as required
Qualifications, Knowledge, Education & Skills:
- A four-year Bachelor of Communications degree, or B.A. (English or Communications major), or B.Ed. (English or Communications major) or equivalent combination of education which includes a degree (i.e. 20 university full classes (or U of S/U of R equivalent) with a major in an appropriate subject area and a completed thesis or equivalent research/writing project.
- Two years recent/relevant business/industry experience or post-secondary teaching experience.
- Demonstrated competence and recent experience in the use of technology such as MS Teams, Microsoft Office Suite, Brightspace, Outlook, etc. with the ability to learn and adapt to changing technology
- Effective time management skills
- Effective experience working as part of a team in an ever-changing environment
- Recent/relevant teaching experience (within the last five years)
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with people from equity groups, and display a demonstrated value of diversity.
- Effective instructional ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Skills and Abilities: use a variety of group facilitation techniques and experimental learning strategies and processing skills, including technology in the classroom. The successful candidate will also be able to use needs assessment instruments and techniques as well as preliminary evaluation techniques
Systematic Conditions of Employment:
The employment commencement and termination dates and actual assigned days and percentage of time (FTE) are subject to change. The College may withdraw this posting if it is unable to maintain its funding.
- Qualifications of the successful applicant are subject to approval by the credit granting institution.
- Official documentation of qualifications must be submitted.
- Official documentation of experience must be submitted.
- An updated resume must be submitted.
- All external applicants must submit a satisfactory Criminal Record Check subsequent to job offer.
*Please include a contact phone number you can be reached at, after the posting closes.